Monday, September 22, 2014

Long Time No See

It's been an insanely busy couple of weeks, so it's been too long since I've written an update for you fine folks. Let's see what we an do about changing that, shall we?



Between my work at the shop, and my work with the Tinderbox Circus Sideshow, and my work on my house, my motorcycles, and the glorious RV, I haven't had an awful lot of time to sit down and write. Things are moving forward on all fronts, and I've got a long way to go.

I've learned a lot about what is going on with the RV over the last week or so, and I've got my work cut out for me. Right now, I'm focusing most of my efforts on the engine. Every time I turn the key (providing I haven't ran the battery out...again), the engine starts and idles beautifully. Driving slow, it runs and drives beautifully, but getting any speed out of it is almost entirely out of the question. Tomorrow morning, I start tuning up the engine. I'm hoping that changing the oil, and the oil filter, and transmission fluid, and radiator fluid, and replacing the plugs and plug wires, and the air filter, will get the engine running at higher RPMs a bit easier. Before I bought it, the RV sat for a good while, so a carb cleaning could also be in order. If I have carbs. I'm going to need to look into that.

Until the engine is behaving better, every other improvement and repair has been put on hold. My fingers are crossed that I can get water and propane in it and test those systems some time in the next few weeks. Sometime next month I hope to have a handle on the wiring and the electrical issues, as well as having all the lights shining (god I hope it's just the bulbs). If I'm incredibly optimistic, I'll have the rooftop AC units and the solar panels installed before it starts snowing here. If I can pull all of that off, I'll be able to move in and start living off the grid before spring is here in full.

Yes, I now this wasn't an awesome update, but it is what it is. As my mother is fond of pointing out, I always have too many irons in the fire, and all my irons have been getting pretty hot lately. I promise, I'll be trying to keep up with the blog while things wind down.

-Z

P.S. The Indiegogo Campaign has officially ended, and if I count the donations that came directly to me rather than through the official campaign, I ended up with $2,980. The vast majority of that went to buying the RV that's currently sitting in my driveway, with a bit left over to get started on the repairs and renovations and improvements. I couldn't be doing any of this without all of you who read the blog, donated to the Indiegogo, and lent me untold amounts of emotional support. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment