Monday, May 18, 2015

Check

Or...Repairs on the Run

I'm not fully in the swing of living in the RV. Even though I may still have an enormous to do list, and the view out of the windows changes every couple days, and there are some pretty major inconveniences, it's starting to feel like home in here.



First, a couple updates on the ongoing repairs.

After many failed attempts, I finally have two pesky problems officially knocked off the to-do list for good. One, I finally figured out how to fix my windshield wipers, using some spare bits and bobs and a hacksaw. I had to drive in the rain a few days ago, and I have rarely been more terrified as my last attempted repair disintegrated, so I'm exceptionally glad that this one is fully functional.

Also, thanks to the wonder product that is JB Marine Weld and Bondo Fiberglass, the crack in my sewage tank is completely closed and water tight. I can pee in the RV at last!

The water still isn't running in the RV however, and over the last couple of weeks, my schedule hasn't allowed me the time to work on fixing it. The leak beneath my shower is fixed, but there's still things to do. What those things are, I haven't had the free time to figure out.

Time is becoming a precious commodity. I have to allow for a lot more travel time than previously, and it makes being able to crawl under the RV and figure anything out much more difficult than I had expected. And with the Tinderbox Circus Sideshow's June tour right around the corner, I have to be very careful with what time I have available.

What I hope to accomplish in the next couple of days is a fairly tall order. I'm going to test the secondary water system by hooking up to a water supply that isn't my on-board water tank, and see what that tells me. Then I will be starting at the hookup, and working my way back to the pump, fixing what needs fixing as I go. I highly doubt that I can get everything fixed this week, but I can make progress, forward I hope.

I'm also hoping to get an internet solution at least in the works. Luckily, I have internet at this particular campground (which happens to be my favorite so far), but something more accessible and permanent would be a great boon.

I'll be updating a bit more consistently this week, but for now, there's work to be done.

-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment