Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Meant to Be Broken

Or...Rules Severely Bent

If either of my parents are reading this, I advise you to turn away now, as this blog post will involve activities that you will definitely not approve of.

Tonight (as of this writing), I've found myself playing extremely dangerously. For the last few days, I've been without a place to park my RV that had available electricity. While I have enough battery to power my lights without a place to plug in the power plant, nothing else useful and electrical in the RV works.

I decided, therefore, to try something mildly dangerous, and mildly illegal.

First, I moved the RV and parked in the street in front of my old house. The one I've already moved out of. I was in luck, the landlord had already turned the power on in his name, the lights were on.

I've already turned in my keys, and the door was locked, but since I did spend two years living here, I'm not completely ignorant of this house's secrets. The second window on the right has a bad lock, and right underneath it is an outlet.

In the dark of night, I snuck up to the window, concealed behind an overgrown bush, and slid it open. Unlocked as ever. I barely had to lean in to plug the RV in.

As I write this, I'm sitting in my RV with my tablet, phone, bluetooth headphones, laptop, and two battery packs charging, and watching a movie on stolen electricity. When everything's at 100%, I'm going to sneak back across the dark yard, unplug my extension cord, and move on.

This is boondocking at its most dangerous, and in a way, the most exciting night I've spent in the RV yet.

Sorry Mom and Dad.

-Z

2 comments:

  1. Come out here. I know it is sorta far but Mom won't be worried. Be careful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mackey home is always available

    ReplyDelete