Sunday, August 3, 2014

Check and Mate Lists

Since I don't really have anything to write about today, as I'm mostly just waiting for money to come together, either from the Indiegogo campaign, or from my own paychecks, I thought I'd share with you the Checklist. This is, so far, the step by step plan to get from where I am now, to living full time in an RV.  Keep in mind that this is an ever changing plan, adapting to happenstance, and the checklist changes with it.





The Checklist

  • Find the Money for the Initial Purchase
  • Buy an RV
    • Preferably Diesel, Class C or better
    • Tax, Title, License, Insurance, Blah, Blah, Legal Stuff, Blah
    • Fix What Wants Fixing
  • Install the Solar Panels and Battery Storage
  • Build and Install the Rain Bucket
  • Separate my Possessions into Three Categories
    • Going With Me
    • Going to Storage
    • Up For Sale
  • Have the Most Bitching Yard Sale Ever
    • There's a fair chance that alcohol will be involved and a band will play.  It's like a party where you can buy everything I own
  • Zero my Utility Balances and Shut Them Off
  • Set Up a P.O. Box
  • Move. The. Fuck. In.
  • Clean the House
    • Get the Hell Out of the House
As you can tell, there's really not all that much to do, and the faster I can get the money together, the faster I can get moving down the list.

The list doesn't stay stagnant, it's always changing and rearranging, and there's more to it that I haven't shared yet.  More surprises and hardships, but it just wouldn't be as fun if I shared everything right here at the start, would it?

Don't forget to check out the Indiegogo page, donate if you can, share if you can't, and I'll try and come up with something more worth while to write about for tomorrow.

-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment